CASE STUDIES

GM Projects have recently completed or are about to complete the following contracts.


  • UNIT 8, SOUTH GYLE CRESCENT LANE, EDINBURGH

    PROJECT VALUE: £210k on behalf of Citivale Properties
    DESCRIPTION:
    Internal Structural Alterations at Unit 8 South Gyle Crescent Lane. An extremely complex project to remove the mid floor with approx 75% of the unit while keeping the remaining 25% for Office Space. The works include the removal of the existing concrete first floor slab and metal deck. Strengthening and altering existing steelwork including associated foundation requirements. New Partitions to the existing offices along with new decoration and flooring throughout. The external works consist of removing existing trees on site, cladding repairs and cleaning and a new Roller Shutter Door to an increased height.

  • NETHERTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, WISHAW

    PROJECT VALUE: Approx £77k on behalf of Lochay Investments
    DESCRIPTION:
    Internal Works to Split an Existing Industrial Unit in Netherton Industrial Estate into 3 Units. This involved a blockwork spine wall approx 30m long by 7.5m high being built with scaffold and Mechanical Access. The units were also to include toilet facilities for each separate unit.

    On the back of the initial works, Lochay Properties employed GM to carry out works to a secondary unit in the same estate forming further walls, toilet facilities and Amendments to Existing Office Accommodation for an incoming tenant in line with the dilapidations agreed at approx £64k.

  • SOUTHFIELD HOTEL, BLACKWOOD

    PROJECT VALUE: £310k on behalf of Drumcarron Properties
    DESCRIPTION:
    Works comprised the demolition of outbuildings, internal strip-out and timber kit extension to the property. New floor slab, steel strengthening, roof repairs and curtain walling install were all carried out along with External Works comprising new drainage and car parking.

  • UNIT 5, BEAVERBANK BUSINESS PARK, EDINBURGH

    PROJECT VALUE: £70k on behalf of Innes Associates Building Surveyors
    DESCRIPTION:
    Refurbishment of common areas as part of a rollout plan with the landlord. The first phase involved decoration of the walls and surfaces, ceiling remedial works, M&E works, and new floor screed and coverings to the communal stairwells and corridors.

  • HOLYROOD FLAT, EDINBURGH

    PROJECT VALUE: £49k                                                  
    DESCRIPTION:
    This flat in one of the most prestigious areas of Edinburgh was damaged by fire and refurbished back to existing in full by GM Projects.

    The works included the removal and treatment of all fire damaged materials and reinstatement of the walls, floors, electrics, kitchen, bathrooms within the flat along with decoration of the common areas.

    The works were completed in March 2017.

  • INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, CUMBERNAULD

    PROJECT VALUE: £600k on behalf of CEG Developments
    DESCRIPTION:
    The works are being carried out on behalf of CEG Developments and consist of the refurbishment of the Badenheath, Mollins Court and Deerdykes Sub-Estates.

    The works comprise removal of the internal floor slabs and refurbishment of office pods along with various external decoration and surfacing works.

    It is estimated that the works at present will run through until early 2018.